What we collect
- We may collect the following information:
- - name and job title
- - contact information including email address
- - demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- - other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- - Internal record keeping.
- - We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- - We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- By registering MEMS 2019 , delegates give permission for their contact details to be used for official conference purposes and to be included in the list of participants.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- - whenever you are asked to start registration on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you agree with the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- - the registration might be restricted if you decline to consent this policy
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Credit/Debit Card Payments
All credit/debit card payments made through MEMS 2019 website are handled by our agent KGInicis, using a secure (SSL) connection to ensure the safety and protection of your on-line payment. Credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. KGInicis are not permitted to use your information for any other purposes than to secure payment for your purchase from us. MEMS 2019 does not have access to the credit/debit card numbers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Other use and disclosure